Xiaomi has dominated the Indian smartphone and smart TV market by launching an affordable models with impressive specifications for the price. Now, the company is entering the laptop market with its Mi Laptop series with the Mi Notebook 14.
The Chinese tech giant is offering multiple variants of the device; the difference between variants is a choice between Intels i7 or i5 processor and graphics capabilities. The laptop range starts at 41,999 ($554), but the company said its an inaugural price, so it might go up later.
The Mi Laptop 14 is a compact machine targeted towards users whore worried about the form factor and portability of a work laptop. The device weighs at only 1.35 kg, you can carry it around with ease.
The laptop includes a full HD screen with minimal bezels. However, it has a relatively thicker chin that has a Mi logo. It includes an entry-level graphics card from NVIDIA but, its not a gaming machine or creators laptop by any means.
Here are the laptops specifications:
- Screen: 14-inch full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- Processor: Intel 10th gen i7 comet lake processor with 4.9 Hz maximum clock speed/Intel 10th gen i5 processor
- GPU: NVIDIA MX350 2GB/MX250 2GB
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 512GB SSD on NVMe (That means faster read and write speed as compared to SATA-based hard drives)
- Battery capacity: 46Wh (10 hours on a single charge)
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB-C for charging and data transfer, 3.5mm jack for audio and mic, HDMI video out
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home Edition
While the company claims that the new Mi Laptop 14 will be exclusive to India, its roots belong to the Mi Notebook series thats been around in China for several years. Its a clean design that might remind you of Apples MacBook, but theres enough differentiation to not brand it as a copy-cat. There are no logos on the body, save a few brandings on the bottom plate youre not gonna see them on most days anyway.
The high-end Mi Notebook 14 Horizon edition with i5 processor is priced at 51,999 ($686), and the variant with i7 processor is priced at 59,999 ($790).
The Mi Notebook 14 goes on sale next week on Amazon, Mi.com, and the companys own retail stores.
For more gear, gadget, and hardware news and reviews, follow Plugged on
Published June 11, 2020 — 07:11 UTC