While active Covid-19 cases stand at 10,477, as many as 1,488 people have been cured and discharged and one had migrated, the Health and Family Welfare’s update states.
The novel coronavirus pandemic has infected more than 2 million people and killed over 1.3 lakh patients across the globe, according to the John Hopkins University tracker.
In India too, the number of cases has crossed the 12,000-mark. There are now 12,380 total cases of Covid-19 in the country. While active cases stand at 10,477, as many as 1,488 people have been cured and discharged and one had migrated, the Health and Family Welfare’s update states.
Here Are the Latest Updates on Coronavirus Epidemic in India:
– Mumbai has now recorded 35% less cases and only 2 deaths, which is its lowest tally since 11 days. Patients have also recovered in Worli, which is Mumbai’s biggest hotspot.
– Covid-19 positive cases crosses 300-mark in Karnataka as 34 new cases reported today.
– Nine more Covid-19 cases were reported in Haryana today (8 in Panchkula and 1 in Palwal). Total number of coronavirus positive cases in the state at 213, including 14 Italian nationals, said the State Health Department
– Coronavirus cases in Madhya Pradesh cross 1,000-mark, as Indore tally climbs to 586 and Bhopal 168.
– Total cases in Maharashtra crossed the 3000-mark with 3,081 coronavirus cases.
– Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy said that state reported 25 new cases of coronavirus and one death due to the virus today.
– Another person has died in Rajasthan due to coronavirus — taking the tally to 13 — a 70-year-old woman in Kota, who had conditions of co-morbidity. The number of cases in the state has risen to 1,076.
– A total of 19 more coronavirus positive cases have been reported in Agra. The total number of positive cases in the district rises to 167, said Agra District Magistrate Prabhu N Singh.
– A 66-year-old man from Bengaluru, who had tested positive for coronavirus, died today. He was was on ventilator support since 10 April. This is the 13th Covid-19 death in the state, Karnataka health Department stated.
– Three more patients succumbed to coronavirus in Gujarat in the last 12 hours, taking the death toll in the state to 36, an official said on Thursday. These deaths were reported from Kutch, Ahmedabad and Botad districts, state principal secretary (health) Jayanti Ravi said.
– Of the total 414 deaths, Maharashtra tops the tally with 187 fatalities, followed by Madhya Pradesh at 53, Gujarat at 33, Delhi at 32 and Telengana at 18.
– According to the ministry’s data updated in the morning, the highest number of confirmed cases in the country is from Maharashtra at 2,916, followed by Delhi at 1,578 and Tamil Nadu at 1,242.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter – Get your copy here.
Subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow us on Twitter,
TikTok and on