Married At First Sight star Stacey Hampton arrested, charged for flouting coronavirus restrictions

Married At First Sight star Stacey Hampton is facing three charges of breaching coronavirus restrictions after going on an interstate shopping trip when she should have been self-isolating. Police arrested the 26-year-old at Adelaide Airport on May 6 on her way back from Melbourne, the Daily Mail reports.
At the time, essential travellers were allowed to enter South Australia without quarantine. Non-essential travellers needed to self-isolate for 14 days.
South Australia Police confirmed a 26-year-old woman had been charged with three counts for failing to comply with a direction under the Emergency Management Act.
“She has been bailed to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on 30 October. No other details will be released at this time as the matter is now before the court,” a spokesperson said.
Instagram was reportedly the undoing of the law graduate, after images uploaded to her social media accounts and those of friends tipped off police to the possibility of her flouting quarantine laws while out shopping.
Text messages to a friend, revealed by the Daily Mail, lay bare the TV bride’s fears she may be in trouble.
“They have photos of us shopping at Culture Kings and Dior. This is why I got fined,” Hampton apparently wrote.
Hampton — who had been photographed at Adelaide airport wearing designer gear — had reportedly attempted to classify herself as an essential security worker through her then partner’s security business, but police allege that her position was not essential.
South Australian police reportedly held her for two hours for “failing to comply with a direction.”
“Fkn form didn’t work,” Hampton wrote to a friend on WhatsApp.
“I’m meant to be self quarantine (sic) for 14 days … I’ll be ringing them tomorrow fighting it … they tried to say security isn’t an essential service.
“I’m not isolating lol, iso aint (sic) stopping me, we have business to do.”
Police will allege that they ordered her to go directly home and isolate upon arriving in Adelaide, but officers who followed the reality star witnessed her then go and pick up her children from two separate residences.
A week after police her to self-isolate at her home in Adelaide, Hampton was pictured again at Melbourne airport.
The 26-year-old will now face Adelaide Magistrates Court on October 30, facing fines of up to $20,000 and two years jail for each count.